Scottsboro First Baptist Church was started as a mission in 1953 by J.B. Williams, S.A. Watson and families along with the help of the Jesse Martin family who allowed the first meetings to take place in the basement of their home. The home is located on the Old Hickory Blvd. The first pastor of the mission was Bro. Herman Venable. In less than a year Grace Baptist Church was contacted and agreed to sponsor the mission and assisted in purchasing land on the Old Hickory Blvd. a mile from the basement home. In the summer of 1954 a basement was built and the church was established on October 16, 1954. Bro. Bob Daugherty became the first pastor of the new church. Bro. Harold Gregory, Associational Missionary for the Nashville Baptist Association, Bro. Roy Bethune and Bro. Pickford of Grace Baptist Church were very instrumental in helping to organize and lead the church during the infancy years of the church.
Scottsboro has had many pastors to serve the church and community. Many were students at Belmont College and worked their way through school pastoring the church. It has served through the years to be a lighthouse for the Lord in the community.
Many changes have been made to the church throughout the years but the church is still on that location today and is still proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.